Dutch Family Pharmacy is looking to hire a full time pharmacy technician in our Columbus, MS and Tuscaloosa, AL locations.
- Expedites prescription processing by performing all duties necessary and allowable, by policy or law.
- Receives new and refilled prescriptions from customers for filling.
- Verifies name and address (if applicable) of the person the new prescription is to be filled for, as well as, legibility of the prescriber’s name.
- Obtains from the prescription files those prescriptions, which have been requested to be refilled.
- Prepares labels for new/refill prescriptions.
- Accommodates customers when they arrive to pick up prescriptions.
- Processes cash register transactions for new and refilled prescriptions.
- Ensures necessary communications are provided to the customer, such as instructions, side effects and medication descriptions.
- Arranges customer consultations with Pharmacist, when requested.
- Procures signatures from customers for all prescriptions received.
- Answers incoming calls, directs to Pharmacist, when appropriate, such as new prescriptions, questions about medication, judgmental decision, etc.
- Completes and processes third-party documents.
- Fills prescription books or new prescriptions.
- Files patient profiles.
- Fills bins with prescription vials.
- Processes incoming orders to determine that items ordered were shipped and that items shipped are the same as items invoiced to the Pharmacy.
- Checks items for appropriate ‘shelf life’ remaining before expiration.
- Affixes price stickers to the items ordered and places on stock shelves or in refrigerator, when required.
- Checks stock to remove outdated items, as often as deemed necessary by the Pharmacist-In-Charge
- Cleans Pharmacy shelves and work areas and maintains entire premises in a satisfactory state of cleanliness.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Skills – knowledge of Exceed Technologies System Internet software; MPS Inventory software and MPS Order processing systems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. Stand for long periods of time, walk, and regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to communicate by speaking, the employee is required to listen to the needs of co-workers and/or customers and have the ability to write and communicate information to other co-workers.
- The employee is frequently required to climb on a small ladder, reach with hands and arms, frequent bending stooping and kneeling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pharmacy technician experience of 1 year preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of all Medicare policies and procedures
- Obtain your Pharmacy Technician registration from the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy and renew annually
- Certified Pharmacy Technician Certificate (CPT) must be obtained before first renewal by successful completion of the PTCB or ExCPT exam
Salary: $8.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Deborah Junkin for assistance at 662-327-5202.
The Dutch Group is an M/F/disability/protected status/Genetic Data employer.